• Ripple Video
  • Null Network
  • youtube
  • Flickr
  • Tuesday, September 16, 2008


    Bus Math
    By Sean Ripple
    www.Flickr.com/photos/flatlife

    I overheard a woman using the word yeah excessively while talking to a man on the bus this morning. At 45th and Lamar I decided to tally the amount of times she said the word yeah until either the man she was talking to got off the bus, she got off the bus, or I got off the bus. At Guadalupe and 21st, the man the woman was talking to got off the bus. At that point she said the word yeah 257 times – keep in mind she said the word a considerable amount more than this prior to my tallying… the fact that she used the word excessively was why I began tallying her use in the first place.

    When the woman got off the bus, she said yeah once more to the driver, bringing her total for the ride to 258.

    I wonder how many times she uses the word in a day…

    Comments on ""

     

    post a comment